Ballet Theatre Ireland is a training centre of excellence focused on the development of children and young adults.
- The training programme has the exploration of classical ballet at its core.
- The basic programme is enhanced with a carefully constructed professional module for the serious student aspiring to a career in dance.
- Ballet Theatre Ireland accepts students from 3 years of age. The fundamental components of ballet are music, controlled movement and coordination, mime and dramatic expression. Pupils are pursuaded to explore all these component parts in a holistic approach to dance study.
- Classes are taught daily, Monday through Saturday. As experience develops, students are encouraged to attend two or more classes weekly.
- An active approach to the training programme, through demonstration and physical correction, is utilised to enable each student to develop.
- All students have the option of examination by The Royal Academy of Dance, London.
- Trial classes and private coaching sessions are available by appointment.
Pointe work requires certain physical attributes. Students are introduced to this specialised discipline at the sole discretion of the director